HealthPAC (Perception and Action in Health and
Disease) is an Innovative Doctoral Programme (IDP),
which was funded in 2013 by the EU FP7 Marie Curie
program to our PAC research team: 12 top Principle
Investigators (PI’s) at the Donders Institute for Brain,
Cognition and Behaviour at the Radboud University
Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
Project Start: Jan 1, 2014 End: Dec 31, 2017
HealthPAC is now searching 14 Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) who will work on exciting
research projects in the field of Perception, Action, and Control in Health and Disease.
research projects will lead to a Doctoral Degree in Cognitive Neuroscience. For a general project
abstract, specific background requirements for the individual projects, and contact information for
the respective PI’s for inquiries about their project, you are referred to:
- You have not worked, or studied, in the Netherlands for more than 12 months during the three
years prior to your recruitment date.
- You are in the first four years of your research career, and do not yet have a doctoral degree.
- You are an excellent student and a team player with a MSc in cognitive neuroscience,
biomedical science, movement sciences, neurophysics, or a related field.
- You are highly motivated to conduct challenging interdisciplinary empirical and model-driven
research. Experience with psychophysical techniques, strong programming skills and a
demonstrable affinity with quantitative data analysis (e.g. MatLab) are highly desirable.
How to apply?
- Application letter in which you motivate your projects of choice (choose at least 3 projects from
the list of 14, and order them according to your preference). Explain what makes you particularly
suitable for your number one project.
- CV that includes the full list of Bachelor and Master courses (with grades and credits, and
wherever possible: used text books). Provide also your contact details (name/gender/age/
marital status/full home address/E-mail).
Note: if you are selected by the program committee, an interview over Skype will be planned.
Please, ensure you have access to Skype.
- Acknowledge that you understood the eligibility criteria, and that you are eligible.
- Scanned copy of your Master diploma.
- Include in your application letter two references (with contact details) who can be approached
for interview and recommendation letters.
- Send all documents, preferably by e-mail, to HealthPAC’s project manager, dr. Marc van
- Application deadline: February 1, 2014.
Dr. Marc van Wanrooij, HealthPAC Project Manager
Department of Biophysics, Donders Centre for Neuroscience
Radboud University Nijmegen, Heyendaalseweg 135, 6525 AJ Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
The Donders Institute of Brain, Cognition, and Behaviour actively endorses a policy to increase the number
of women working in the field of Cognitive Neuroscience. Women are therefore particularly encouraged to
apply. In case of equal credentials, female candidates will be preferred.